Voting is now open in our first ever America’s Top TA competition! Over the last two weeks, students across the country recognized the teaching assistants who have had the biggest impact on their education by nominating them for the Top TA title. A group of CengageBrain Student Ambassadors then narrowed down the nominations to 10 finalists. Now it’s your turn to vote! Please visit CengageBrain’s Facebook page and tell us which TA should win America’s Top TA.
Voting will end on Sunday, May 27. You may vote for each TA once a day every day of the voting period, so come back and keep voting for your favorite! Does your school have a TA who made the top 10 finalists?
America’s Top TA Finalists
- Dan Coiro, Chemistry at Rutgers University
- Dylan Lynch, Political Science at University of Rhode Island
- Mary Lee Cunill, Interpersonal Communication at University of Georgia
- Kevin Measor, Neuroscience at University of California, Riverside
- Patrick Hunt, Chemistry at University of Texas at Austin
- Rebecca Evanhoe, Writing at University of Florida
- Mihaela Ifrim, Mathematics at University of California, Davis
- Stephanie Oben, Public Relations at Wayne State University
- Tal Katz, Psychology at University of South Carolina
- Ryan Laddusaw, Chemistry at Texas A&M University
In addition to receiving the title of America’s Top TA, CengageBrain (www.cengagebrain.com), the premier destination for purchasing discount college textbooks and part of Cengage Learning, will create three $2,500 scholarships in the winning teaching assistant’s name. The reigning Top TA will also become part of the integral team that selects the scholarship recipients. Scholarship criteria will be determined at a later date with input from the Top TA.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were a total of 46,360 teaching assistants at colleges, universities, professional schools and junior colleges in the United States in 2011. Most work part-time while also studying for their degree, and CengageBrain is excited to be honoring all that they do.
Show your support and appreciation for TAs by going to CengageBrain’s Facebook page to vote for America’s Top TA!
A special thank you goes out to our panel of judges from the CengageBrain Student Ambassador Program:
Alex Fennel at Central Michigan University
Angie Acosta at Northern Illinois University
Shane Kirkegaard at Iowa State University