You need to file your tax return: Here’s how

By now you should have received your W2s (if not, you better check on that!) and now you’re probably wondering what to do next. The good news is that the tax return deadline for your federal tax return gives you a whopping three more days this year(!). But if you expect a tax refund, then file as soon as you can.

File your tax return so you don't get in trouble. (Credit: Pexels)

File your tax return so you don’t get in trouble. (Credit: Pexels)

To get you started, I’ve put together some tax tips and info on how you can check on your tax refund status. Here’s what college students need to help you hack your taxes. Read more

Getting a tax refund? Tips and help for filing college students’ federal tax returns

Part of a HMRC Self Assessment tax return. (Credit: Images_of_Money)

Part of a HMRC Self Assessment tax return. (Credit: Images_of_Money)

By the end of January you should have received the paperwork you need for filing your state and federal tax return. Like most starving students you’re probably expecting a tax refund. Do you know all requirements for filing? Tax laws change every year and it can be pretty hard to keep up. Let’s take a look at some of the tax regulations that may apply to college students.

Income forms to look for

If you worked during 2013 you should be receiving a W-2 form that summarizes your wages and tax withheld. Read more